Sunday, October 26, 2008

More Family

Allison got to meet another Great Grandmother last weekend. My Grandma and Aunt came down to meet our little princess and they also got to see Jonathan march. Aunt Joanne got to stay at our house which was nice, and Grandma stayed right down the street with my parents. Allison performed all her tricks for them and we are so glad they got to come see us! We will be staying in the South for Christmas this year (something we haven't done since we have been married) so it was nice to see them.

In other news the Coppell Band is going to state!! YEA!!! Yesterday was the Area marching contest and all though we couldn't go, Dad kept us informed of everything that was going on. They performed at 3:15 the first time, and they qualified for finals that night. (I think there were about 17 bands in the first round and they took 6 for the second round that night) Coppell was the last band to perform that night (9:15pm) and 3 bands qualified to go to state. Coppell got 1st place!!! The state marching contest will be in San Antonio this year, so they will miss a few days of school (Nov 4th is the actual contest) I remember traveling to Austin my freshman year for state and I think my Junior year it was in Waco. Fun times! It's exciting to see Jonathan getting to experience all the things Benjamin and I got to do. He sure is growing up!!

No comments:

Some Grief Guidance

So few people know how to grieve WITH people. And I'm no expert, but I have walked down the road myself a few times and wanted to s...