Wednesday, May 27, 2009

1 year ago today...

Jason and I were getting ready to go to the birthing center.  I was in labor and the long awaited day had come.  (Little did we know how much longer we were going to have to wait!!)  It was the 27th of May, but for those of you smart ones out there you know that Allison was born on the 29th.  That's correct.  Now before you start counting how many hours of labor that is, she missed being born on the 28th by 17 minutes.  But apparently the girl really did not want to meet us on the 28th!  I have been reminiscing all night as I bake cakes getting ready for my sweet little girl's birthday party on Saturday.  One year ago today I had no idea what it was to be a mother.  One year ago today I was just beginning a 24 hour journey that showed me how strong I really was.  One year ago today I had never met my wonderful little princess named Allison.  One year ago today I was so sick of being ginormous I couldn't hardly stand it! And today.....how can I imagine my life without my Allison?  I never could have dreamed that I would be back in my old clothes and loving my little girl so much, one year ago today.

No comments:

Some Grief Guidance

So few people know how to grieve WITH people. And I'm no expert, but I have walked down the road myself a few times and wanted to s...