Sunday, August 21, 2011

Caleb gets his feet tomorrow!!

These last two weeks Caleb has been growing and changing so much! I don't have an exact answer as to why, if God is healing him, if his muscles are getting stronger as they are supposed to, if switching formulas helped.  Whatever the reason I praise God because it is progress, and we haven't seen much of that for the last 3 or 4 months.  Here's the low down....

Caleb has turned a huge corner in both his eating and throwing up.  He hasn't thrown up hardly at all these last two weeks.  When he did this week it was because he gagged (still a little sensitive with the gagging) but as soon as he was done throwing up, he wanted more to eat.  And he ate a lot! That has never happened.  Then with the eating, um who is this kid?  Caleb used to eat a rotation of about 5-10 things, and that was it! All of a sudden he is eating things that we eat!! And trying new things! I'm so excited!  Eating used to be such a frustration for me with Caleb, I hated giving him the same things over and over, and half the time he would decide he didn't want one of those things on that particular day anyway.  (even though I knew he loved it most every other day)  Last night he ate ribs and corn on the cob! He has decided he likes scrambled eggs, he likes Pickles, which means he likes ketchup, chicken nuggets, and even noodle and meat dishes!! It's been such a crazy change I'm almost giddy. We still don't do too well with anything potato (french fries, tator tots) but I'm ok with that.

Tomorrow is the day we go to pick up Caleb's orthotics from Scottish Rite.  I'm really excited about that too. I'm not expecting major changes right away (although I wouldn't complain if he was walking by the end of the week!! haha) but then the Therapist comes on Wednesday to do the initial assessment and get things going.  I'm so excited she will be here right after we get them to help him transition into them.  Divine timing if you ask me!!

In case you are wondering, they will be very low profile orthotics.  They come up just above his ankles and that is it.  I really don't think most people will even see them unless they know to look for them.  His bone structure is good and they didn't want to mess with his legs or knees.  Who knows, maybe it will be like the eye patch and after a few days we will see HUGE improvements!  Which by the way we patched him faithfully for about a month and then stopped doing it as often and haven't seen his eyes loose control in over a month! (did that make sense?)  Anyway, we are so thankful that God is faithful (which also happens to be the meaning of Caleb, not a coincidence) and he has His hand on our precious little boy. Thank you all for your support as we go through all of this!!

Love,

No comments:

Some Grief Guidance

So few people know how to grieve WITH people. And I'm no expert, but I have walked down the road myself a few times and wanted to s...