Monday, June 16, 2008

Baby blahs, Cloth Diapers, Baths, and Fathers Day






Our Little Anne Geddes baby

















Rocking with Grandpa B













Our first "outing" Her 2 week appointment







Well, the first 2 weeks were quite a rollar coaster. I don't know that I was fully prepared for the "aftershocks" of childbirth. Physically I was fine, but emotionally, wow what a crazy time! Talking and crying did seem to help, but time was really the key factor.

Last Thursday, (Allison's 2 week mark) we had a really good day. She slept for 3 hours that afternoon and I actually got a few things done around the house. I felt terrific afterwards. We had our 2 week appointment that night at the midwife (my first time out of the house since the hospital) and then we ate at Chicken Express afterwards. It was amazing what that did for my mental and emotional state! I was prepared that the feeling might not last, but so far things have only been going up since then! She is an amazing sleeper at night, she sleeps 3 hours at a time so she only wakes up 2-3 times a night. We are still figuring out how to get her to sleep before 11:30pm, but she does sleep until about 11am each morning. Then she takes a few good naps during the day and I am figuring out how to function again. Taking showers, eating, all normal things before baby, but kinda tricky now :)

We gave Allison her first bath yesterday. She liked it until it was over and she was in her towel. Then she was done!
















We also finally switched to cloth diapers yesterday. We wanted to wait until after her belly button fell off and it did last week. But then the cloth diapers looked huge! Anyway, we tried them on yesterday and so far everything is going great! She looks adorable in them. They don't seem to be much more trouble than paper diapers, and her bottom seems to be much more in favor of cloth.










Sporting the Pink "underwear"








Father's Day went well. We spent the day at my parents.

1 comment:

The Durham's said...

She is too cute in the pink cloth diapers! You are such a trooper, and you are really handling everything well:) Glad you feel like you are "back in life" again...that is a good feeling!! Bless you guys!

Some Grief Guidance

So few people know how to grieve WITH people. And I'm no expert, but I have walked down the road myself a few times and wanted to s...