Monday, August 18, 2008

Milestones

This week has been eventful in little Allison's life! First on Saturday night we dedicated her at church. She was such a cutie! Here's some pics and a short clip of the big event.



Then that night she slept all the way through the night. I don't mean 5 or 6 hours, it was 11 hours!!!! The angel has always been a wonderful sleeper, but holy cow! I thought she was going to wake up after 9 hours, she was making noises and rolled to her side. But when I got in her room she had rolled back to her stomach and was quite. I went to take care of some personal matters and she continued to stay asleep. So I layed back down and 2 hours later she woke up for real! I had joked when Jason was putting her to bed and told her, "You don't have to wake up tonight if you don't want to!" Apparently she understood every word! :)

If that wasn't enough on Sunday night (the night before I went back to work) She slept for 9 hours! I'm not counting on this becoming a permanent thing, but I'll take whatever I can get!

Speaking of going back to work, that was today. She did sleep for 9 hours but she woke up right in the middle of me trying to get ready. This morning I had to pump , take a shower, and pack her bags for the day, so I wasn't expecting that little interruption. I was a little rushed but I finally made it. It was a great feeling driving up to my mom's to pick up my little girl.

3 comments:

Abby Grace said...

She looks beautiful at her dedication! I love the dress! I hope work is going good. I bet it is such a wonderful feeling to pick her up at the end of the day. Can't wait to see you guys at Life Group!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting all this. It makes us feel so much a part of it all. She is just precious! I can tell you are loving and enjoying her so much! What a sweet little girl. This blog or Bog as grandpa puts it, always brings tears to my eyes and a smile to my face. How wonderful and special she is. What a joy Aunt Kathy

The Durham's said...

I am so sorry we missed her dedication! I wanted so badly to go, but just continued to feel worse as the day went on. YUCK! She looked absolutely adorable and I am so happy for you guys! You are really soaking up every blessing of motherhood and I love that:) I pray work is going well and wanted you to know how good it was to see you and catch up at the shower:)

Some Grief Guidance

So few people know how to grieve WITH people. And I'm no expert, but I have walked down the road myself a few times and wanted to s...