Thursday, August 14, 2008

Vacation's over, back to work!

Before I have to go back to work Jason took a few vacation days and we went up to the lake and just relaxed. We were there almost 5 days and got a chance to unwind a little. Although to tell you the truth it felt like I was just getting unwound and it was time to leave. But we had a good time. Here we are in our usual mode of travel to the beach. She almost always falls asleep before we even get there! Little one has been talking to her toys, to people, to the air, just whatever! She has also found that her fingers are great for sucking. She has even begun sucking the same 2 middle fingers that I used to when I was little.

Tonight we went and watched Jonathan during band practice. On the way Jason was in the back with Allison and he had her lion (which she loves dearly) pulled down and she was reaching out and grabbing the legs. On purpose! She did it over and over, I was impressed!

I start work full time on Monday, but I am going in today (Thurs) and tomorrow to get my classroom set up. She did great at Grammy's house, she even took a 4 hour nap!! She has never done that at home!!

Here she is on her 2 month b-day. I'm going to take a picture every month in the same pose
Here are some pictures from her 6 week pictures. Sorry for the glare

And last here is a picture of me on the right and Allison on the left. I have a few others of me as a baby in a book that I show people and everyone thinks they are pictures of Allison!

2 comments:

Melissa Terry said...

I'm praying for grace as you transition. I hope you will keep posting, because I really enjoy reading your blog. Bless you!

The Durham's said...

Okay, yall look so much alike as babies!! She's gonna stay beautiful like her mama:) So good to see you today...I loved catching up with you and will be praying for Monday!

Some Grief Guidance

So few people know how to grieve WITH people. And I'm no expert, but I have walked down the road myself a few times and wanted to s...