Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The 4th of July

Well Allison had lots of fun "firsts" this last weekend. On Thursday night we went to the city park here and watched the fireworks. She slept through every last one of them, then woke up after it was all over!


The next morning we got up and went to the City Parade and watched Jonathan march with the band. Again, she slept.


Then we loaded up and went to the cabin for the rest of the weekend. She slept the whole way there. (are we seeing a pattern?) We had a relaxing weekend and even made 2 trips to the beach! Can you guess what Allison did? Yep, slept the whole time! I got a chance to try out my new Moby Wrap and we both love it! I used it to walk to the beach both times and it put her right to sleep. I haven't used it at home yet, but I think it will work out nicely for grocery store trips, and maybe even cleaning around the house.


This week my goal is to get Allison on a schedule. She will be 6 weeks on Thursday so I figured now is a good time. Her nighttime routine is fabulous. She sleeps for a long stretch then wakes up more frequently as morning approaches. She doesn't stay awake very long in the morning before she goes down again and sleeps until early afternoon. We are really going to work on her "getting ready for bed" routine too. Anyway, I'll let you know how it goes!

1 comment:

The Durham's said...

Ok, I love the little tent thing she is in on the beach:) She looks so comfy and adorable!

Some Grief Guidance

So few people know how to grieve WITH people. And I'm no expert, but I have walked down the road myself a few times and wanted to s...