Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Smiling and Talking

Allison was a month old on Sunday! (My 27th birthday was the day before. How in the world am I 27??) Anyway, she seems to be sleeping more lately. Nights are still going really well, she sleeps about 5 hours during the first stretch of the night and then wakes up sooner as the night goes on. But I usually only have to feed her 2-3 times during the whole night. I know I am blessed!



I have been getting out more during the day with her. We usually go to my parents house to eat lunch with Jason and then run an errand or two. She has gotten quite used to the car and seems to fall asleep just about every time we go anywhere. She used to cry everytime the car stopped, a red light, a stop sign, anything! But she has gotten over that (thank goodness!) and doesn't wake up for much of anything.



The latest and cutest things are her smiling and cooing. Last week I was changing her and talking to her and she smiled at me, when she was awake! Up until then she only smiled in her sleep (which is still pretty cute) but now she smiles on purpose at you! And yesterday, I got it on tape! (sorry in advance for all my blabbering in the video, and Jason came home at the beginning so that's the background noise)






As you can see from the video she likes to play with her tongue. She has been "blowing" bubbles with her mouth too. She even made a raspberry sound the other night. I think it scared her a little! The next 2 pictures are her after eating. She is asleep most of the time but her poses and stretches are so funny! They remind me of Superman.




Something that I find funny is my feet. Here is a before (taken on 5/22) and after shot:




Until next time!!

1 comment:

The Durham's said...

She is so adorable!! Happy Birthday, by the way:) Face it...we are getting older! (HA) I never thought I would be having kiddos at 29, but the Lord definitely knows SOOOO much more than I:) I absolutely LOVE the video, she is so alert and responsive! It's a sign of brilliance, you know:) You guys are doing a great job with your little blessing...thanks for sharing!

Some Grief Guidance

So few people know how to grieve WITH people. And I'm no expert, but I have walked down the road myself a few times and wanted to s...