Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A few of my favorite things

My new favorite summer shoes that I might just wear everyday.  (please ignore the sock lines) (and I saved the picture rotated but for some reason blogger isn't cooperating today)
I got these shoes at Old Navy for $19.50 and they are soooo comfortable!! They have nice cushioning on the bottom and plenty of room for my toes.  I'm so excited about wearing these babies, if Texas would just decide it's going to be warm enough on a consistant basis I would!

I get "daily deal" emails from about 3 different places and while I usually delete them I have found a number of deals that I do like.  I've never had any problems with any of the deals I have purchased and Groupon even lets you just use your iPhone and not print out the deal.  Major plus!  Anyway, here they are.





Mamapedia -and this one donates a percentage (albeit very small, but still) to any local school you choose

We use Goat's milk soap at home for everything (now) My kiddos and husbands skin is pretty sensitive so Dove doesn't really work for us.  So I started just buying the bar soap but this last order I also bought some liquid soap and I love it! I have it at the kitchen sink.  It's a little expensive, but I think it's going to last me a few months so it's really not that bad.  And it's not anti-bacterial which is important to us. (Article on why)  Now I fully believe that you can pretty much find anything on the internet to back up whatever kind of claim you might come up with.  But this is something I have heard about for a few years now and since I don't like Antibiotics anyway (unless really necessary, then they are great!! :)  ) I subscribe to the idea.  I tried a local semi-local company but liked this kind better.  The Oatmeal and Honey is one of my favorites and Jason likes all the "fresh" scents.  Goat's Milk Soap

And last for today is another daily email with a very different purpose.  It's from a Debt-Proof Living website and she sends out daily emails about all sorts of random things.  This is where I got the info to bake my own bread.  THIS book is incredible and it is sooo easy. She sends out all sorts of good tips for anything you can think of.  How to make your own cleaners, meal planning, and my favorite is when she posts tips from readers.  I have gotten tons of cool ideas about everything around the house.  It's called Everyday Cheapskate and I think it's pretty great.  Here it is.

Ok well gotta go find some dinner!

We had a fun day at the zoo!

No comments:

Some Grief Guidance

So few people know how to grieve WITH people. And I'm no expert, but I have walked down the road myself a few times and wanted to s...