Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Food- I've decided I like it quite a bit

So last night I decided to make THIS pie and it turned out wonderfully!! My mom loves Key Lime Pie and she used to order it at Pappadeaux when I worked there.  She and my dad would come up after the occasional Cher concert or whatever and she would order their Key Lime Pie and a cup of coffee.  Since she has had a rough few days (their dog was attacked by another dog and they didn't know if he was going to live or not, at this point he will live and his leg is healing but still don't know if he will keep the leg or not :(  ) So as I said it has been a rough few days so I made the pie and brought it over to share.  I'm always a little apprehensive about a new recipe that I haven't tried before sharing it, but alas The Pioneer Women did not disappoint!

Tonight I'm tackling something else I've never tried before, homemade pizza! Right down to the crust.  I'm pretty excited about it.  My dough is rising right now (enough time for me to go take a nap if I hurry) and I'll be following THIS little "method." I'm pretty sure it's going to turn out amazing, but if not cereal is always an option!

Lately I've found my self making Chicken Fried Chicken and Chicken Fried Steak at least once a week (one or the other, not both) even though it is something I never had growing up.  Hubby prefers the Chicken, but I myself like the steak.  I'm also determined this week to make THESE. And I'm pretty darn excited about them too.  I LOVE onions.  When I worked at Sonic we would occasionally have a Patty Melt on the menu.  I used to get a container of the sauteed onions, put some ketchup in a bowl and go to town! Kinda like an onion ring without the greasy batter, ya know?  Oh my mouth is watering right now! Anyway, I can't wait to find something for these babies to go with! (Is it weird I'm planning a meal around onion strings? Oh well, I'm ok with weird)


Geez my kids today! Naptime has been a workout for me.  If it isn't 1 that is awake and needing to be rocked back to sleep it's the other, and the oldest has been a bit of a challenge lately when it comes to getting to sleep. The workout comes from going up and down the stairs, my midwife will be happy!


Well I think my dough has risen, the kids are about to wake up and I still haven't had a nap, ah the life of a mom :)


1 comment:

babs55 said...

You are an amazing person and I enjoy reading your blog. The pie was totally wonderful! It is always tied to the memory of being with you and Jason at Pappadeaux. Thanks again for a sweet (x2) gesture of love...Mom

Some Grief Guidance

So few people know how to grieve WITH people. And I'm no expert, but I have walked down the road myself a few times and wanted to s...