Wednesday, September 26, 2012

You Never Know

It has been 1 week since we said, "I'll see you when I see you" to our precious son.  It has been a crazy, hectic, numb, busy, sad, family and friend filled week.  I was so happy to have our family around us as we begin this process.

Today as I was making some phone calls and running an errand I thought about part of a conversation I had a few nights ago, you never know what the other person is going through. As I was calling a company the lady on the other end was not very pleasant.  I wanted to tell her what was going on and ask for a break, but  I didn't.  Instead I thought, "man, if she only knew."

I wonder how many times I have been short with someone or upset because someone was speeding, when they were going through their own personal crisis.  As I was speeding down 35 to follow the ambulance that was carrying Caleb and Jason I cut into the HOV lane when I was the only one in the car.  I always hated it when people cut into the HOV, but all of a sudden I could see why someone might need to break some rules.  (not that I think everyone that cuts into the HOV has a good reason mind you) but I am trying to look at things in a different light.  I know what I'm going through and I know I'm not the only one.  Who knows what kind of stress and life changes other people are dealing with.  I want to give people the benefit of the doubt, I want to give people grace, I want to treat people like I want to be treated.

You just never know.....


3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You've been blessed with wisdom through your suffering. I'm sorry that someone was unpleasant to you during this time. God gave you the grace to be silent in that moment and he will give you the grace to put one foot in front of the other as you go through your grieving process. My prayers and thoughts go out to you and your family. Thank you for sharing your heart. I will ponder your wisdom as I go throughout my day. God Bless You!

susan Bruder said...

God Bless you

Linda Syswerda said...

Jessica, you are an amazing person! well, your whole family is amazing!! I really appreciate your blog as you are so real in it. We were so sorry we were unable to come down and go to the funeral. We continually think of you and pray as you continue on your journey! I have been so blessed by your words- they are truly words of hope and grace!! We love you!!

Some Grief Guidance

So few people know how to grieve WITH people. And I'm no expert, but I have walked down the road myself a few times and wanted to s...