Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving

Pics of Allison eating Zwieback Toast for the first time


Ready to go to Grammy's in the morning


The Friday before Thanksgiving was such a great day. I got to go to Happy Hour with my mommy friend Alissa (both of our first HH since becoming mommies) and then I got to go home and look forward to the next 9 days with my baby! We had a pretty busy weekend and on Monday we got to hang with Alissa and her baby for a while. Allison got to eat in a real highchair at a restaurant and she did great. I also started buying her the level 2 food. I was getting sick of feeding her the same 5 things! (I'm sure she didn't care) Then on Tuesday Allison and I went to Dallas to pick up Alyssa and then we all left that night for the cabin. We were there until Saturday night. Benjamin and his new fiance Melissa came up Thursday night until Saturday morning so it was a full house all week. (Our 2 big dogs and my parents little dog also added to the chaos) It was a nice week spent eating, sleeping, reading, and fishing. Well, let me qualify that. Technically I don't think it would be considered fishing. My dad and Jason put out jug lines and then checked them about twice a day. However, they did catch the biggest fish they have ever caught 55lbs!! It was bigger than our dogs! It completely filled the bathtub they keep fish in outside. Crazy!

My family doesn't do turkey (weirdos) so we had a pork roast. Very good Mom! More than half the family was reading part of the Twilight series at some point during the week. Good thing we had 3 copies :) Allison charmed us all and had a great time crawling around, riding in her stroller, and just being adorable. Jason had a blast riding the new 4 wheeler and Jonathan and Alyssa took turns driving the mule around.


This was how she woke up from one of her naps at the cabin, arm out of the shirt through the neck


Her teeth were really bothering her one day so we gave her a popsicle to chew on, it was still closed of course but she loved it!

We came back home Saturday night. Sunday was busy spent doing laundry, cleaning, and buying a 9 foot Christmas tree. Yes that's right, 9 feet!! Here's how that went down.....We went to Garden Ridge b/c we have finally given in to the pressure and decided to buy a fake tree. Well the one we wanted was sold out and it turns out that half the stock of trees was sold out as well. Jason isn't much of a Christmas person if you know him. Yes he hangs Christmas lights but when it comes to our house he only lets me listen to Christmas music AFTER Thanksgiving and he isn't a big fan of decorating. So with that being said when the man says, "If we are going to do this let's do it big." I was a little taken aback. Mind you the tree looked perfectly reasonable on the floor at Garden Ridge. (I know what you are thinking, they have 20 ft ceilings and the place is huge. Yes I know, but I was so shocked he wasn't throwing a fit I didn't think about this) So we get this seemingly reasonable tree home and it takes up the entire living room!!! Jason has to stand on the coffee table just to put the top piece of the tree on! (his statement at the store was, "I have an 18 ft. ladder") So we squished it into the corner and it sorta fits. Lucy had a conniption when she saw it (our dog) she is scared of wrapping paper tubes so imagine her anxiety at a 9 foot tree in the middle of the living room! She knocked me over trying to get away from it. Stupid dog. (thankfully I wasn't holding the baby and the wood floor caught my fall.)

My parents also gave us some of our Chrismas so we could use them. We got a Flip. It's a little video camera that plugs right into the computer. It's pretty awesome. We got a great video of Allison laughing at peek-a-boo (her new favorite game) and once I read the instructions I'll upload it :)





The tree in action


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the new pics and the video of the tree is just too funny. Thanks for taking the time to do it. It helps so much to feel a part of your lives. I wish you all were here or we all there to be a part of it all. Allison is just too precious and smart and cute and smart and special and.....Thanks for the postings they are a day brightener! aunt Kathy

Some Grief Guidance

So few people know how to grieve WITH people. And I'm no expert, but I have walked down the road myself a few times and wanted to s...