Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Decisions


We said our last goodbyes to Caleb's "old body" a week ago yesterday.  It will be 2 weeks tomorrow that we said goodbye to him, who he really was.  That day in the hospital and the week that followed was so busy and overwhelming that we really hadn't begun to process very much.  With Jason being home from work and family coming over real life hadn't really set in.  But all that changed last Friday.  "Normal" life was starting again, without my precious boy.
There have been times where we have felt like we are drowning in the sorrow of losing our little warrior.  There have been times of complete peace in knowing that he is free from all limitations now.  There have been times of deep physical pain at the hole that has been left by his absence.  There have been times where God has shown up and covered us in His love.  We have seen things, and heard things, others have seen things and told us about them, all things to comfort us in this crazy time.  Our strength is not our own, but only comes from God.  It's the peace that passes all understanding, and I couldn't go on without it.

The message at church this last weekend was about God.  Here were the 3 points of the sermon:
1. God is our Father
2. Satan is the bad father
3. God is the good father
There were many things that he discussed but here is what resounded with me yet again.  God never intended us to experience the loss of death.  He never wanted us to be separated from Him or our loved ones. But the devil's plans and man's choices changed all that.  THIS was never His plan! Satan comes to steal, kill, and destroy.  Satan may have taken Caleb's earthly life, but he can't touch his heavenly soul.  After a REALLY hard night the other night a scripture was brought to my memory:
John 16:33 (NIV)
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble.  But take heart! I have overcome the world."

I don't have all the answers, I don't understand all that has happened, but I choose to trust in God and the faith that he is going to carry us when we can not walk, give us peace in the midst of our sorrow, and reunite us with our precious son one day.  We miss you little man.

Love,
Jessica


2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

At first I came to your blog to bring you comfort. Now I come not only to assure you of our continued prayers for your healing but for the wisdom you weave within all of your posts. Thank you for sharing and I'll be copying that passage...it's beautiful. God Bless You!

Joanna moore said...

Just looking at the joy in Caleb's face, I can tell he lived such a happy life, despite the challenges he faced! You'd think he didn't even know his limits. I wish I could've known him, but you have done such a beautiful job of carrying his memory on to all of us who read your words. God is really doing big things in you, Jessica! You may not be able to see it completely, but its obvious to me that he is pouring out his grace and strength and wisdom upon you in this time of sorrow. Hugs!

Some Grief Guidance

So few people know how to grieve WITH people. And I'm no expert, but I have walked down the road myself a few times and wanted to s...