Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Seeing beyond

Today we took Allison to the State Fair of Texas.  The last time we went she was 1 1/2 and I was about 2 months pregnant with Caleb.  We were given some tickets and a parking pass so we decided to go! (Thanks Dad for giving Jason the day off!) We jumped right in and watched the shows, pet the animals, and ate the food.  I thought of Caleb several times throughout the day and wished his healed body could have been there with us.
But as I sit here tonight and think back on the days events, what keeps coming to me are the visions people have seen of Caleb.  It might be because as we were watching the Pee Wee Stampede; which consisted of little kids riding stick horses around barrels and riding stick bulls, there was a little boy named Caleb who took a turn.  The MC shouted, "Jump Caleb, Jump!" And all I could think about was a little boy named Caleb up in heaven, wearing a cowboy outfit, jumping up and down.
Jason and I both had visions of Caleb going to be with Jesus the day he passed.  Jason's was the moment his spirit left his body, and mine was shortly thereafter.  I have since had no less than 3 other people tell me of visions they had of Caleb.  My mom heard Caleb's voice in her spirit a few days after he passed, and Alyssa dreamed about him.  What's interesting to note is that all of the family that saw or heard him say he is about 5-8 years old.  I'm not a theological or any kind of an expert, nor have I ever visited heaven, but I find it fascinating that apart from each other we have all experienced him at the same age.
I never specifically asked God for confirmation that He was taking care of Caleb, I never questioned that fact.  But I love that God so graciously gave me all those precious pictures to hold on to.  There have been a few other times in my life when I knew God had given me a word or an idea, and it's amazing how much power it has! Fear has no place when put up against what you know God has spoken.  Man that's good! Now if I can just remember to pray and get a word from God before I make major decisions, I would really be wise huh? Still working on that one.
So for today I'll just bask in God's graciousness and love for me, that he would give me words and visions even when I haven't asked for them.  He is so kind.

Goodnight,
Jessica

No comments:

Some Grief Guidance

So few people know how to grieve WITH people. And I'm no expert, but I have walked down the road myself a few times and wanted to s...