Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Take lots of pictures!

One thing I am so happy about is the amount of pictures I have of Caleb.  I had family pictures taken almost every 6 months while he was alive.  Most photographers will do mini sessions in the fall and spring for a pretty reasonable price and then you own the rights to the photos and can get them printed however you wish.  With the invention of the iPhone pictures have become even easier to take.  I hardly ever have less than 1000 pictures on my phone, and even when I back them up and take them off my phone it seems to quickly fill back up.

Jason took pictures of everyone saying their last goodbyes to Caleb, I can't tell you how grateful I am for that!! We took pictures of him even after he had passed and I'm so glad we did.  Pictures are very easy to delete but you can't change your mind later about wishing you would have taken one.  I'm so glad we were so liberal with the camera!

One thing that I struggled with sometimes was that Caleb was ALWAYS so happy,  (that wasn't the struggle!) so whenever I took pictures he would always smile. Sometimes when I would post pictures on Facebook I wished that they would really convey how Caleb was doing physically.  From his pictures you wouldn't hardly be able to tell anything was ever wrong.  Don't misunderstand me, I LOVED that about him.  Part of it was his age and not knowing what he couldn't do any longer, and part of it was his God given attitude that he never lost.  But it was hard to communicate how serious things were when all of his pictures portrayed a different picture.  I wished people could see him at home and know all the things my sweet boy could no longer do.  But I never stopped taking pictures and now I treasure them all.

So, with that I want to share with you the slide show that was played at his funeral.  We did have a photographer at the funeral, and it was also video taped.  Once the video is finished I will post that as well.  We are also working on posting a bunch of videos of Caleb that we took all through out his life.  Enjoy my little man.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know you personally, however I was praying for your baby as friends of mine in TX suggested prayer and posted to my timeline for prayer, that aside, I am a mama of boys and I know the love a mama has for her boys. My heart is broken for you and the loss of your Caleb. I mourn his loss in your life this side of heaven with you. He is and was a beautiful young man and warrior. Thank you so much for sharing him still with us. I pray blessings of peace for you and your family.
Tree

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful little angel you have in heaven. My deepest sympathy for your loss. Thank you for sharing this. KM in NJ

Elizabeth said...

I want to thank you for sharing your hearts with us through your blog. I loved the slide show and it has encouraged me to pick up my camera more often. You know sometimes I get it in my mind that since my pictures aren't that great like some of the other famous blog moms put there, that I shouldn't bother. But that's wrong thinking and I see that now after seeing your precious Caleb's pictures. It's the person in the picture that makes the photograph resonate beauty. Thank You for this lesson. God Bless You!

Mary Elisabeth said...

Precious boy <3

Some Grief Guidance

So few people know how to grieve WITH people. And I'm no expert, but I have walked down the road myself a few times and wanted to s...